Thank you for looking my profile! I’m Paola Martinez. I’m originally from Colombia, South America. I considered myself a very responsible, technical, and detail-oriented person. I enjoy managing my time and my activities effectively; so, I can have time to develop my different roles in my life. I am mom, worker, student, and wife; hence, I strive to keep my life as balanced as possible.
I have a passion for numbers and the business worlds; hence my professional path has gone towards that direction since 2002. My career as an Accountant and Business Specialist started in Colombia, South America, where I graduated in industrial engineer. With this bachelor, I did not only gain knowledge in the fields of production, logistic, and quality control but also in accounting, finances and human resources, which are my areas of expertise nowadays. With a passion about the business world, I came to the United States with the purpose of enhancing my managerial and business skills. Thus, I finished my degree in business management, which has allowed me to develop and enhance my abilities in the areas of human resources, finances, management, and accounting. Finally, after narrowing my areas of expertise to four, I decided to specialize in one of these four areas. Therefore, I am currently pursuing my master degree in Accountancy to become a CPA in South Carolina to provide accurate financial reporting information to my client's, facilitating them their decision making process.
I have develop the following areas of expertise and skills for small businesses during the last four years:
• Managed company weekly bookkeeping, monthly financial reports, and yearly budgets.
• Filed monthly, quarterly and yearly reports required by the IRS and Local Government such as sales tax, Social security and Medicare taxes, Federal income tax withholding and Federal unemployment tax
•Reconciled all the business bank accounts and credit cards with monthly transactions of 100,000 dollars in credit card payments and 300,000 dollars in cash deposits
• Issued and mailed checks to pay suppliers, employees and contractors on a weekly basis.
•Managed over 62 accounts receivable
•Handled more than $7,000 a week in cash sales
•Reduced collection time of accounts receivable from 90 days to 60 days
• Managed payroll function for small businesses
• Created job descriptions and employees manual for small businesses
• Recruited and trained employees considering companies' needs.
• Entrusted to process confidential employee records such as salary changes, vacation/absenteeism reports, and performance appraisals
MS of Applied Science in Accountancy, Expected graduation on 2013. University of Phoenix
AS of Applied Science in Management Honors, May 2011, Greenville Technical College. 72 hours in accounting, 36 hours in economics, and 72 hours in finances.
BS of Applied Science in Industrial Engineer, February 2008, Universidad Del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia, South America